- Smart-movement, which allows the user to automatically move up a single block height without jumping (fences count as 1.5 except iron fences & glass panes).
- High-Jump or the ability to leap over tall buildings in a single bound... roughly around three blocks in the air instead of just one.
- Feather Fall, allowing the user to fall further without taking as much damage. This equals roughly five to six blocks more before you die.(Deduct 6 blocks, then half normal fall damage)
- Sprinter, a faster "permanent" run speed (not scientifically proven). This equals roughly one more block per second while running. *sprinting in the boots doesn't have an increase in velocity.
- Aqua Man, or roughly normal land speed in the water.
Here is a video that shows you how the Boots of the Traveller work:
You can get a really long jump if you jump in the right moment while running at the start of a cliff (last block before air). The same effect comes when you jump from stairs, allways because you are allways on the last block before air. They make you less fall damage and you can enchant them still with haste to get much faster too. Some of the smart movement can be quite difficult to deal with, you may find yourself removing the boots quite often to do delicate work. Also note that the boots have relatively low durability, roughly on par with leather, try to avoid wearing these in combat.
"A good pair of boots is a boon to any traveller. A magical pair of boots is even better, allowing you to run faster, jump higher and swim faster. This pair of enchanted boots have been stuffed full of magic to ease the journey of any traveller. They allow you to move faster than normal and take even tall steps in your stride. They allow you to jump higher and fall further. Lastly they allow you to cut through water like a fish. A relatively slow and clumsy fish, but a fish nonetheless. "
|Boots of the Traveller|
Research availbale after Unified Thaumic Field Theory.
CraftingEditInfusion Altar with 2 Air Shards, 2 Enchanted Fabric and 2 leather.
|Boots of the Traveller||Count|
Bug as of 3.0.3Edit
As of 3.0.3, there is a bug where if you wear and take off the Boots of the Traveler, you will still step up blocks without the Boots of the Traveler until you leave the world and come back.