When used, it tills a 3x3 area around where you clicked.
When you right click a growable block (Sapling, Seeds) it applies an effect similar to Bonemeal, instantly growing it up to its last stage of growth, at cost of durability.
It can grow plants normal bonemeal can't, such as Silverwood Trees. However, in certain circumstances the Hoe of Growth cannot grow Silverwood Trees, Including, when there is not enough vis for a Silverwood to grow.
You must research a Wand of Equal Trade before being able to research a Hoe of Growth.
It has 1501 durability.It takes 1 durability to till each dirt, 5 to grow any plant and can't grow plants that does not grow on tilled earth (sugar cane, nether wart, cactus, etc)
The Hoe does not take durability when attacking entites, or breaking blocks. It can be repaired by means of Anvil and Thaumium, and will not take vis to repair.
Here's a video that shows you how the Hoe of Growth works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxYNAEBYbCc
"By merging the magical energy from a Wand of Exchange with a Thaumium Hoe, you have created a farming implement with few equals. When used to till fields, it will till a 3x3 area instead of a single block. When used on crops or other plants, it will act as bonemeal to promote its growth, though at a higher cost to its durability. It might even be able to grow plants that normal bonemeal can't. If shift is held while using this tool all its special properties are suspended and it functions like a normal hoe."
RecipeEditCrafted at the Infusion Altar with one Thaumium Hoe and one Wand of Equal Trade (shapeless), at the cost of 8 Victus, 8 Messis, 16 Herba,16 Instrumentum, and 100 vis.
|Hoe of Growth|
After various tests performed by Kerydwenn and Kathis the following has been found discovered by the hoe of growth.
- Without Vis in the area, the Hoe of Growth cannot use its power to grow a Silverwood Tree; it will however still till the land.
- When using the Hoe of growth it will use up durabilty, it doesn't appear to break if using it by magical means.
- It can be repaired like any tool by using the material Thaumium, and an anvil.
- The hoe of growth will use up durability even if the attempt is failed.
- The hoe of growth does not use vis in the area to use its magic, but the Silverwood tree will still require 100 - 150 vis before it can grow.
- The Hoe of Growth will allow the growth of mushrooms into large mushrooms without the presence of mycellium.