In the new version of Thaumcraft (Thaumcraft 4.x.x), wands are made in a different way. Part of this process is the wand cap.
Types of CapsEdit
There are three (five with IC2) (plus one with Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI) types of wand cap in Thaumcraft 4:
- The Iron Wand Cap - The worst of the five caps, but quite cheap, only needing 5 iron nuggets per cap. This uses 110% vis.
- The Copper Wand Cap - Slightly better than the Iron Wand Cap. The Copper Wand Cap is a moderate cap costing 5 copper nuggets. This uses 100% vis on Ordo and Perditio. [Requires the IndustrialCraft 2 mod.]
- The Gold Wand Cap - This is the third best Wand Cap. It is quite expensive as it is made of 5 gold nuggets. This uses 100% vis.
- The Silver Wand Cap - This is the second best Wand Cap. It is made from 5 silver nuggets. It will use 5% less vis on elemental aspects: Ignis, Aer, Terra and Aqua. [Requires the IndustrialCraft 2 mod.]
- The Thaumuim Wand Cap - This is the best Wand Cap in Thaumcraft. It is the most expensive as it costs 5 thaumium nuggets to make but uses 90% vis (i.e. 10% discount).
- [TT KAMI] The Ichorium Wand Cap - This is the best Wand Cap with Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI, meaning it's most expensive Wand Cap, as it needs 5 Ichorium nuggets. It will use 80% vis (i.e. 20% discount).
Use of CapsEdit
You use the wand caps for making wands. They are placed on either corner of the wand core. You must use the same type of cap on either corner.